Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Funrise Children's Arthritis Camp June 12 2011




















This past Sunday at Funrise Camp for children with Arthritis at AD Barnes Park





The Arthritis Foundation and Miami Children's hospital sponsor this yearly event. This year was the 20th Anniversary - I work every year as a volunteer and it is so sad that these children have to endure joint replacement and pain every day of their life. I assisted in registering the children since I am an RN and realized they are taking more meds that I am.

They have such courage as they approach every single day without a cure in the near future.


This camp is excellent because it provides a safe place for them to discuss their feelings on the Bon fire night . They also have great fun and supervised activities like swimming with the dolphins. Here I am with 2 of the pediatric Rheumatologist who assist with this camp . Dr Rivas Chacon is also my rheumatologist for over 18 years.


Did you know that there are 360,000 children with Juvenile arthritis and only 119 pediatric rheumatologists in the country. I know of a 10 year old girl who has to travel from Puerto Rico every 3 months to come see the doctor.


Please walk with me to raise funds for The Arthritis Foundation or donate in my Teams page


http://miamiwalk.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=424534&lis=0&kntae424534=28715FECAA1E4901A2A5AC3894971E01&imgname=account39/images/424534_146111132134491.jpg&getMediaFormat=image&view=preview

This walk assists in sponsoring this free camp for children every year.

No comments: